Shared ownership

If you’re thinking of moving, but struggling to put together the deposit you need shared ownership is a great way to get onto the property ladder without having to worry about finding a big deposit up front.

The way it works is that you buy a share of a property, between 25% and 75%, and then pay rent on the part you don’t own.

You can buy a home through shared ownership if your household earns £80,000 a year or less and any of the following apply:

  • you’re a first-time buyer
  • you used to own a home, but can’t afford to buy one now
  • you’re an existing shared owner

We’ve sold hundreds of shared ownership properties in the past few years, and it has quickly become one of our specialist areas.

If you’ve got any questions about how shared ownership works why not give us a call on 0114 241 3430.

Our latest shared ownership properties

Take a look at our latest shared ownership properties below.

Two bedroom apartmentBridgewater Way, Ravenfield, S65 4GH

Address – Bridgewater Way, Ravenfield, Rotherham

Price – £40,000 (40% purchase)

This extremely well presented second floor apartment is situated in the popular residential area of Ravenfield. It’s ideal for first time buyers that want a contemporary living style at an affordable rate.

The apartment benefits from two double bedrooms, a security entry phone system, gas central heating, double glazing throughout and modern fixtures and fittings. The accommodation comprises of a communal entrance, reception hall, open plan lounge/kitchen area, utility room, two double bedrooms and a bathroom. Outside there are communal grounds, an allocated parking space and visitors parking.

To find out more about this property, or to book a viewing, click here.


Two bedroom bungalowCecily Close

Address – Cecily Close, Normanton, Wakefield

Price – £61,250 (50% purchase)

This beautiful two-bedroom bungalow is available for people aged 55 and over.

Specially designed for over 55’s the property comes with a warden call facility, giving customers that extra peace of mind that loves ones are okay.

The property consists of an entrance hall, lounge-diner, kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom. There’s a parking space to the front of the property, with a garden to the rear

To find out more visit the property listing on the click here


Two bedroom apartmentGoodwin Avenue

Address – Goodwin Avenue, Rawmarsh, S62 7AY

Price – £49,500 (60% purchase)

Offered to the market with no onward chain, this modern and stylish ground floor apartment is situated in the well established residential area of Rawmarsh.

The property is priced on a 60% shared ownership, making it the perfect home for a first time buyer. The property comprises of an entrance hall, lounge area, kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, garden and parking. A monthly rent is payable for the remaining 40% share.

To find out more about the property visit the click here


Two bedroom semi-detached houseBlackthorne Close

Address – Blackthorn Close, Whitley Bridge, DN14 0GE

Price – £65,000 (50%)

Nestled away in a quiet cul-de-sac is this semi-detached two-bedroom house located in the popular area of Whitley Bridge.

The property is well presented throughout and consists of an entrance lobby, lounge, kitchen diner, downstairs toilet, landing, two double bedrooms and a bathroom. Externally there is a gardens, parking and a shed.

To find out more about the property visit the click here

 


Three bedroom semi-detached houseHinde House Crescent

Address – Hinde House Crescent, Sheffield

Price – £47,500 (50%)

Available to buy on a flexible shared ownership basis, this modern three bedroom semi-detached house comprises of a spacious lounge, downstairs toilet, hallway with built-in storage, a modern kitchen and dining room with patio doors leading to rear garden.

Upstairs there are three generously sized bedrooms and a bathroom. The house benefits from gas central heating and double glazing, and has a achieved an energy efficiency rating of B.

The property also comes with parking for two vehicles.

To find out more about the property visit the click here


Two bedroom apartmentProgress Drive

Address – Progress Drive, Bramley, S66 1TT

Price – £40,000 (40%)

Situated in a modern development of properties is this well presented two bedroom first floor apartment. The apartment is close to all local amenities and ideally placed for the commuters with excellent access to the M18, M1 and A1.

The living accommodation comprises of an entrance hall, open lounge kitchen-dining area, two bedrooms and bathroom. Outside there are communal grounds, one allocated parking space as well as a visitors parking space.

To find out more about the property visit the click here